DARK ORBIT BIBLE
Growing collection of information about DarkOrbit - the online multiplayer game
Search our articles and several other Dark Orbit sites:
We monitor DarkOrbit Mega happy hour events! Read more ...
New client for Dark Orbit went live today after it was delayed for a week.
Here is new client in its maximum 1280x900 resolution
Client is modeled after another Big Point game called Deepolis.
- Control elements are completely new, no more command bar at the bottom of the screen;
- Minimap now is resizable, I’m not sure about the uses for that;
- On the minimal now you can see your target destination with a blue line. Nice.
- Messages from the game now appear in a separate window, which is not good at all – you have to keep it open now at all times and obscure the view, if you want to see what did you pick up in that bonus box or cargo box. Bad.
- One of the good things is that the game can now take up almost all of your screen’s real estate. In settings you can adjust resolution.
Available resolutions are:
One of the most annoying things that I found is the fact that you can’t hide control buttons from the screen, despite the fact that almost all important controls now have a hotkey.
This new client is here to stay, so we will have to get used to it.
This article has been viewed 4921 times
Add your comment:
Back to Home Page
(c) 2009-2017 DarkOrbitBible.com