Useful tips for players starting out in Dark Orbit:
1. Don’t buy a Bigboy. I learned it from my own mistake. It is such a disappointment to save for ages those initial 200k credits to find out that – sure Bigboy has a bigger cargo bay and ammunition bay, but 1) it is slow and you will get killed as many times as with Nostromo or Phoenix and 2) to repair the damn thing you have to pay with Uridium. So you have to spend 500U every time you get shot down. Learn about Repair Credits.
2. Stick with Phoenix as long as you can. Only 1 reason – it’s free to repair. Move to Leonov and then to Vengence. Vengence is one of the best ships, it’s actually faster than Goliath. Remember, if you move away from Phoenix – every time you get killed will cost you 500 Uridium.
3. If you have moved away from Phonenix remember to always have 500U left in your account. If you don’t – go pick up bonus boxes until you get 500 U. Around 6% (official statistic) of all bonus boxes contain Uridium.
4. Learn about configurations, it will save your life a lot of times. You can have 2 ship configurations which basically can double the shield power you have.
5. Don’t spend Uridium for Elite items that are not the best in their class. Learn about Trade, there you can buy Elite items for credits.
6. Don’t buy Repair Robot 2 for Uridium (its not the best Elite item in its class). Save those 2000 Uridium that you get when you sign up! Go to the Trade section and bid on Repair Robot 2. You can get it for mere 100(!) (one hundred) credits, just keep trying the same little amount over and over. Learn about Trade.
7. Don’t waste credits trying to buy the best Elite items in Trade for cheap, it will 99.99% never happen on the big servers, e.g. Global America or Global Europe, etc. For example Goliath on those servers cost around 35-60 million credits. On the other hand you could buy 50% cargo upgrade (not the best Elite item!) for mere 100 (one hundred) credits. Learn about Trade.
8. When picking up bonus boxes you sometimes get an item called “extra energy for galaxy gate generator”. It is one of the best items in the bonus boxes. You can use these in the galaxy gate generator and they are worth more than 100 Uridium each. Point is that they will sometimes generate a thing called “Repair credit” which are worth 500 Uridium, and as the name states, it can be used to repair your ship or a drone for free (it will still show you that you need to repair for 500U, but clicking the repair button will take 1 repair credit instead of Uridium). Learn about Galaxy gates generator.
9. Complete Quests. There are some easy ones. A quest can be completed only once. Quests will give you credits and some Uridium.
10. If you decide to spend money on the game (I have spent around 100USD on it :) then don’t just spend it – wait for a Happy Hour (it gives you double Uridium) or Mega Happy Hour (triple Uridium for the same money). These events occur quite often, once in 2-4 days. If you’re playing constantly you just need to click on HOME menu item (not in the main playing window, but in the other browser window) and it will pop up a text box that says – it’s a happy hour and a time counter showing how long it will last. Make sure to check it every hour. Usually it’s during the day or in the evening, never seen it during the night, e.g. 00:00-7:00. So for one whole hour you will be able to buy Uridium for a very good price. That’s how I bought my Vengence (30K Uridium).
11. If you have a drone or two, remember to check its damage level. Every time you get killed the drone gets damaged and when damage is around 95-98% it is a good idea to repair the drone (it costs you 500U) or you will lose it(!) and will have to buy it again.
12. Use hotkeys.
This article has been viewed 30102 times
Add your comment:
Back to Home Page